If any of you out there reading are like me, you may think of great gifts for your loved ones all throughout the year, only to draw a huge blank by the time the holidays come around. Some people are easy to buy gifts for, but some are just tricky! Luckily, there’s pretty much something for everyone in the world of garden gifts. Here are my top eight gift ideas for this year.
- For the flower lover, the spring lover, the English Garden lover, give the gift of sweet pea seeds! Sebastopol-based Sweet Pea Gardens has some great varieties in every color or the rainbow.
- No garden? No problem! For someone in your life who has a little time to spare but no space to garden in the ground, give the gift of a raised planter box. They’ll soon become obsessed and you’ll never see them inside.
- Take it one step further and get them garden coaching services from Avalow based in Santa Rosa.
- The fabulous, incomparable B-Side Farm & Floral Design is offering flower workshop gift certificates that you can download and gift. No, I’m not biased. (Yes, this is my farm!).
- Dragonfly Floral in Healdsburg has some great subscription offers as well as gift cards that are super easy to buy. Check them out!
- How about some fabulous skin care made with natural ingredients from Full Bloom right here in Graton, CA?
- Here in the North Bay, we’re so lucky to be home to the Seed Bank. Go stop by their new location, grab some seeds, tools, and other gifts you’d never even expect.
- What about the gift of compost? Don’t think that will smell too good under the tree? Grab N’ Grow offers gift certificates for your favorite gardeners so they can pick up their own Mango Mulch this spring.
When all else fails, offer a day of garden care to someone who needs it! Sometimes all they need is a jump start and then they’re off and running. Happy holidays to you all, and happy gardening, too!